If you’re searching for electric cars for kids, the following guide will give you the best options.
Before you put your kid behind the wheel, you want to ensure that the toy car is safe and that it works as advertised. The top 10 best electric cars for kids in 2017 will help you make the right choice.
Finding the Best Electric Cars for Kids
How do you choose the right car? You’ll want to explore the features and details of the top choices. The main features that you’ll need to examine include:
- The quality of the motor
- The quality of the battery
- The steering and controls
- The overall design and color
- The price tag
- Additional special features
Years ago, these electric cars simply had a motor and basic controls. Now, they come equipped with built-in speakers, wireless remote control, and other features that are made available thanks to modern technology.
Of course, the most important detail could be the design and the color of the car. You can find electric cars made to resemble sports cars, SUVs, and Jeeps. There is something for everyone.
The quality of the motor and the battery should also be important. To learn more about these features, you’ll need to read in-depth reviews.
Best Electric Cars For Kids in 2017
As you review different cars, keep these features in mind. Next, compare these details as you explore the top 10 best electric cars for kids in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Henes Broon F830 with Tablet PC 12V Kids Ride on Car
- 9. Aosom 12V Land Rover Defender Kids Electric Ride on Car with MP3
- 8. Rollplay GMC Sierra Denali 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On
- 7. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
- 6. Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride-on Car
- 5. Costzon White Mercedes Benz ML350 6V Electric Kids Ride on Car
- 4. SUV Style Stunning 2 Seater Big Ride on SUV 12-Volt Battery Operated Car
- 3. Black Mercedes Benz SLS R/C MP3 Kids Ride on Car Electric Battery Toy
- 2. Best Choice Products 12V Kids Ride on Truck Car
- 1. Fisher-Price W2602 Power Wheels Dune Racer
10. Henes Broon F830 with Tablet PC 12V Kids Ride on Car
First up is this stylish electric vehicle for children ages 1.5 to 5 years of age. It only seats one child but has a weight capacity of 66 pounds. Below, you’ll find a closer look at some of the features and benefits:
- Includes a 7-inch Android tablet system with Wi-Fi and MP3 player
- Built-in speakers
- Functioning doors, hood, trunk, and lights
- Interchangeable exterior – you can change the look of the exterior
This is a unique and sophisticated electric vehicle. It includes a 7-inch Android tablet that is placed on the dashboard of the vehicle. The tablet displays details, such as the speed of the vehicle.
The only drawback is the cost. This is the most expensive vehicle on the list. But, it is also the most advanced. This balance makes it a top option if you’re willing to pay the steep price tag.
9. Aosom 12V Land Rover Defender Kids Electric Ride on Car with MP3
This Land Rover electric vehicle is intended for children ages 3 to 8 years of age. Here are some of the other highlights and details:
- 2 modes of operation – steering wheel or remote control operation
- Forward, reverse, and steering controls
- Functioning lights and an adjustable seatbelt
This vehicle does resemble a Land Rover. It has rubber tires and a solid frame. The vehicle can also be controlled via remote control operation through a 4G Bluetooth connection.
While it has 2 seats, the weight capacity is only 65 pounds, which means that only 1 child will get to ride in it. This is the only disadvantage to talk about. If this isn’t a problem, then this electric vehicle will make a great addition to your child’s toy collection.
8. Rollplay GMC Sierra Denali 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On
Here is a truck-styled electric vehicle with working LED headlights, horn, and engine sounds. Recommended for children ages 3 and up, and with a weight capacity of 130 pounds, this electric truck seats 2. Other features include:
- Battery indicator lets you know when it’s time to charge
- 2 speeds – 2.5 mph and 5 mph
- Side-view mirrors
- 12-volt battery
- 2 opening doors with realistic windows
- Clear windshield
This truck is sure to be a hit. It includes built-in speakers and an input for connecting an MP3 player. It also features 2 opening doors, a clear windshield, and realistic engine sounds. Some assembly is required.
There is one issue with this vehicle. It takes about 12 hours to charge the battery. This means that if the battery is drained, your child will need to wait until the next day to go for another ride. Other than this one issue, this electric truck is another top choice.
7. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor with Trailer
If your little one enjoys tractors, then this could be the perfect gift. Made to resemble a John Deere tractor, this electric vehicle even comes equipped with a trailer. Here is a closer look at the features, advantages, and disadvantages:
- Includes 2 speeds – 2.5 mph and 4.5 mph
- Accelerator pedal with automatic brakes
- Large tractor wheels with great traction
- Large trailer for hauling stuff
- FM radio
- Adjustable seat with flip-up armrests
This is a well-built tractor for kids. It is powered by a 12-volt battery and offers 2 different driving speeds. You can let your kid get used to the controls with the slower speed before unlocking the faster speed. It is easy to control and steer, along with wheels that offer superior traction. Your kid can easily traverse any terrain. Other useful features include the built-in FM radio and the adjustable seat.
There is only one potential drawback. You need to assemble the vehicle before your child can ride in it. This is typical for electric cars and assembly doesn’t take very long. The bottom line is that this tractor is a great choice for any tractor-loving child.
6. Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride-on Car
Next is an electric car designed to resemble a Dodge Viper. It features LED running lights to ensure safety. Other useful features include the following:
- Engine sound simulation
- FM radio with MP3 player input
- 12-volt battery
- Seats 2 kids
This electronic vehicle is made to resemble a real vehicle. This includes the use of engine sounds and a battery charger that resembles a gas tank. To charge the vehicle, you open the gas tank cover and connect the charger to the battery. This car also has an FM radio with input for an MP3 player, so that your child has music wherever they go. Another advantage is the rubber tires, which results in quieter operation.
There are no major issues to discuss. This is a quality vehicle. Though, it is a little more expensive than some of your other choices.
But, sometimes you need to pay a little more to get a quality product. This is the case with this electric car. In the end, this car can take regular abuse and keep on driving – making it suitable for any kid that wants a powered vehicle.
5. Costzon White Mercedes Benz ML350 6V Electric Kids Ride on Car
At number 5 is this Mercedes-Benz electric car. It includes 2 riding modes – battery operated or remote control. It is suitable for children 3 to 5 years. Here are some of the other features:
- Includes comfortable seating
- Designed to resemble the Mercedes-Benz ML350
- Durable construction with large wheels
- Affordable – less than rating160 (depending on latest price)
This is a compact, yet durable vehicle. It is intended for 1 child – aged 3 to 5 years. The padded seating offers comfort and protection when going over bumpy terrain.
One drawback is the motor. This vehicle is powered by a 6-volt battery. This doesn’t provide as much power as a 12-volt. But, it still provides enough power for your child to ride around your yard. You may need to charge the battery regularly. Also, it doesn’t include a real safety belt. The safety belt featured is simply included to increase your child’s safety awareness.
In the end, this vehicle is a good option for parents of children ages 3 to 5. It includes the remote-controlled operation for additional control.
4. SUV Style Stunning 2 Seater Big Ride on SUV 12-Volt Battery Operated Car
Here is an SUV-styled electric vehicle with seating for 2 children. It is a large vehicle with exceptional features. This includes these advantages and details:
- BMW X7 style
- Remote control operation
- 4 opening doors
- Seating for 2
- Functional lights
- Engine and horn sound
- Steering wheel
- MP3 input
- Shock absorbers
- 12-volt battery and charger
This electric vehicle is designed to resemble the BMW X7. It is a large car with 4 opening doors and 2 seats. The larger wheels can travel over rough terrain, while the shock absorbers help reduce the impact of bumps. It also includes a remote control and MP3 input.
There are two disadvantages of choosing this electric car. The first issue is the price. This vehicle costs twice as much as the average price of an electric vehicle. Also, it only has a weight capacity of 80 pounds. While it has 2 seats, two children may exceed the weight capacity.
Overall, this is a solid choice. It is a durable vehicle but may be best suited for one child instead of two.
3. Black Mercedes Benz SLS R/C MP3 Kids Ride on Car Electric Battery Toy
Next is this Mercedes Benz electric vehicle. It has a few features that should appeal to your child, including the following:
- Input for connecting an MP3 player
- Includes a remote control for remote operation
- Stylish design that resembles a real Mercedes-Benz
This electric car is stylish and functional. It only seats one child and includes a steering wheel for maneuvering. There is also a remote control for remote operation. This is useful for parents that want to maintain some level of control over the vehicle.
There are a couple of drawbacks. First, this vehicle uses a 6-volt motor. It’s not as powerful as some of your other options. Also, you won’t get as much drive time out of the battery. Typically, you can expect about an hour of driving before needing to recharge the battery. Also, this vehicle is best suited for toddlers. Children 4 and older may be too large for this electric car.
Other than those 2 drawbacks, this is still a great option for younger children. It includes a remote control and an input for connecting an MP3 player.
2. Best Choice Products 12V Kids Ride on Truck Car
The next best electric car for kids is this 12-volt vehicle. It includes various special features that help make it one of the top choices. This includes the following advantages and features:
- Solid construction and design
- 12-volt battery and charger
- Multi-color LED lights on the windshield, side mirrors, and headlights
- 2 speeds – 2 mph and 4 mph
- Includes built-in speakers with 6 fun songs
- Includes an auxiliary cord for connecting an MP3 player
- Features a safety belt
- Includes a remote control for remote operation
This is a cool vehicle and your kid will love the special features. This includes the built-in speakers and the option to connect an MP3 player. Your child can listen to tunes as he or she drives around. It also comes with several useful safety features. There are a safety belt and a variety of LED lights. The LED lights are located on the side mirrors, windshield, and the headlights so that your child is always visible.
The only disadvantage of this vehicle is the plastic frame. While it is well-built and durable, it does not compare to the steel frame found in the next entry.
1. Fisher-Price W2602 Power Wheels Dune Racer
The top electric car for kids is this Dune Racer from Power Wheels. It features a durable traction system so that your kid can ride on nearly any surface – including hard surfaces, wet grass, and rough terrain. Other features and highlights include:
- 2.5 and 5 mph top speeds when going forward
- 2.5 mph top speed in reverse
- Power lock brake system
- Includes a 12-volt battery and battery charger
- Large seating for 2 children
Power Wheels are the ultimate electric cars. So, it’s no surprise that one of their electric cars made it to the top spot on this list. This racer has larger rugged wheels that can traverse nearly any terrain. And, it is easy to control and steer. The frame is made from steel, with a maximum weight capacity of 130 pounds. There are 2 speeds. This lets your kid get used to the controls before cruising at full speed – 5 mph.
There are no drawbacks. This is the best of the best. Though, you will need to assemble the vehicle. Luckily, the assembly is easy. It should only take about an hour to put this vehicle together.
In the end, this is a durable, well-built electric vehicle. Your kid will surely love having their own car to drive around the yard. If you want reliability and safety, this is your best option.