For women, dealing with body hair is an ongoing battle. Societal norms tell women that they should be largely hair-free, meaning that they have to remove hair from their legs and bikini line. Some women may also have to remove hair on the arms, faces, and other areas.
Regular razors need to be replaced frequently and may also cause razor burn, particularly when used on sensitive areas of the body. For that reason, some women may want to consider an electric shaver as an alternative.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 best electric shavers for women in 2017. We’ve included shavers with features that ensure that you’ll find something you like no matter what your preferences are.
What to Look for in an Electric Shaver for Women
Before we count down our picks, let’s talk about which features you should consider when buying an electric shaver. What works for one person may not work for another.
Here are some thing to keep in mind:
- Foil vs. rotary shavers. Foil shavers have a floating head that’s especially designed to float over curves in your legs – or anywhere else. Rotary shavers feature three or four floating heads that spin behind a perforated screen. Foil shavers tend to give a closer shave, while rotary shavers are easier to clean.
- Power cords and chargers can vary from model to model, as can charging times. If you’re prone to being forgetful, you may want to consider a model that you can use while plugged in in case you forget to charge it.
- Cleaning electric razors can be tricky. Some razors have features or come with accessories that simplify the process.
- If you prefer shaving in the shower, you’ll want to choose a wet/dry razor that you can charge and use while you shower.
- Automatic shutoff is a nice feature because some batteries can wear out if they’re overcharged and you may need to keep an eye on them and unplug them as needed.
These are the things that separate one razor from another. Think about them as you shop – and now, here are our top 10 best electric shavers for women.
Best Electric Shavers for Women in 2017
Table of Contents
- 10. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver – Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Razor and Bikini Trimmer for Women
- 9. Panasonic ES-WD51-P Ladies Wet/Dry Epilator
- 8. Remington WDF-3600 Smooth & Silky Women’s Shaver
- 7. Panasonic ES2291DT Ladies 2-Blade “Close Curves” Wet/Dry Shaver
- 6. Braun SE7681 Silk-épil 7 Wet and Dry Epilator, White
- 5. Remington WDF4840 Women’s Smooth and Silky Foil Shaver, Purple
- 4. Butterfly Pro 3h
- 3. Philips Ladyshave Electric Shaver HP6306
- 2. Codream 4-in-1 Rechargeable Electric Epilator
- 1. Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver
10. Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver – Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Razor and Bikini Trimmer for Women
Coming in at number 10 on our list is the Braun Silk-épil LS5160WD Lady Shaver – Wet & Dry Cordless Electric Hair Removal Razor and Bikini Trimmer for Women. Braun is a well-known name in personal grooming, and it’s no surprise to find them on our list. Here’s what we like about this shaver:
- Rounded head glides easily over your curves, ensuring a close shave every time.
- A combination of floating foils and a long-hair trimmer make this shaver efficient whether you shave every day or only once a month.
- Comes with three attachments: OptiShave to ensure a close shave, Bikini Waxer for sensitive areas, and an Exfoliating attachment to remove dead skin.
- Wet and dry shaving options.
Here are a few of the cons of this particular shaver:
- Shaver runs on two AA batteries and is not rechargeable. (However, two AA batteries are included.)
- You need to pull the skin you are shaving tight to get a close shave.
- Battery cover may be hard to open for some people.
This is a reasonably priced razor, and the included attachments make it a good choice If you want to be able to use it on your legs and bikini area.
9. Panasonic ES-WD51-P Ladies Wet/Dry Epilator
Next on our list is the Panasonic ES-WD51-P Ladies Wet/Dry Epilator, a sleek-looking razor that can be used wet or dry. This is why we recommend it:
- 48 rotating, tweezing disks give an ultra-close shave.
- Nickel-free blades are hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin.
- Rechargeable battery charges in an hour and works for up to 40 minutes on a single charge.
Here are some of the potential downsides of this product:
- The price is definitely on the high side for an electric shaver.
- This is technically an epilator, not a shaver, so there may be some pain involved at first.
- Does not work while the cord is plugged in.
If you’re used to waxing and want a less messy option for complete hair removal, this model is a good choice for you.
8. Remington WDF-3600 Smooth & Silky Women’s Shaver
Remington is another well-respected and popular name in personal grooming for both men and women. Our next pick is the Remington WDF-3600 Smooth & Silky Women’s Shaver. Here’s what we like about it:
- Smooth, floating trimmers are both hypoallergenic and hygienic.
- Comes with included detail trimmer and bikini trimming head.
- Leaves skin smooth and free of irritations.
- Usable both wet and dry.
Here are a few cons to consider:
- This shaver is a little on the loud side and the noise may be too much for some people.
- Not recommended for use on the underarm area and may cause irritation there.
- Needs to be recharged frequently.
We like this shaver because it doesn’t cause skin irritation, but if you’re looking for a shaver that you can use all over you may want to look elsewhere.
7. Panasonic ES2291DT Ladies 2-Blade “Close Curves” Wet/Dry Shaver
Coming in at number seven on our list is the Panasonic ES2291DT Ladies 2-Blade “Close Curves” Wet/Dry Shaver. As the name implies, this is a shaver that can handle all of your curves while still delivering a close shave. Here’s why it made our list:
- Nickel-free, floating stainless steel heads are perfect for sensitive skin.
- Dual-blade system ensures a close shave every time, whether used wet or dry.
- Ergonomic design is comfortable to hold.
- Operates on one AA battery and delivers a close shave quickly.
This is one of the most affordable models on our list, but there are a few cons to be aware of:
- Lack of a bikini trimmer attachments means that this shaver is best for legs and armpits.
- Batteries must be replaced frequently.
- Long hairs may snag in the blade, causing minor pain.
If you want the convenience of an electric shaver at an affordable price, we recommend this shaver from Panasonic.
6. Braun SE7681 Silk-épil 7 Wet and Dry Epilator, White
At number six on our list is our second offering from Braun, the Braun SE7681 Silk-épil 7 Wet and Dry Epilator. This is another epilator, which means that it removes hair at the roots. Here’s what we like about it:
- 40 close-grip tweezers provide fast and efficient hair removal.
- Can remove even the shortest hairs, as small as .5 millimeters.
- Comes with a total of five attachments: shaver head, trimmer cap, efficiency cap, a sensitive area cap, and a facial cap.
- Cordless design is usable wet or dry.
Here are a few potential downsides to consider:
- Because it’s an epilator you should expect some pain at first.
- May have to go over areas more than once to get all hair.
- On the expensive side – but less expensive than repeated waxings.
If you don’t mind a bit of discomfort and want an option that will get rid of hair efficiently, consider this model from Braun.
5. Remington WDF4840 Women’s Smooth and Silky Foil Shaver, Purple
Coming in at number five on our list is the Remington WDF4840 Women’s Smooth and Silky Foil Shaver. This is one of the most affordable electric shavers available. Here’s why we put it on our list:
- Dual side shaver lifts hairs first and then cuts them, shaving quickly and efficiently.
- Long-lasting Aloe Vera moisturizing strip soothes skin as it shaves.
- Included bikini trimmer head guard protects sensitive areas.
As you might expect at this low price, there are a few downsides:
- Rechargeable battery lasts for only 30 minutes before it needs to be charged again.
- More effective on fine hair than on thick, coarse hair.
- Underarms may require two or three passes to get a clean shave.
If you don’t have much to spend and have relatively fine hair, this razor is a great choice.
4. Butterfly Pro 3h
The Butterly Pro 3h is in some ways the most unique electric shaver for women to make our list. Its unique shape and special design features set it apart from other shavers on the market. This is why we chose it:
- Large, swirling razor head is equipped with five rotary cutters to ensure a close shave no matter where you use it.
- Patented design is specifically made to reach any area of the body you need to shave.
- Works for 90 minutes on a single charge.
- Can be used dry or in the bath or shower.
- Safe to shave in any direction, including a circular motion if you prefer.
Here are a few potential cons to consider:
- The body and blades heat up with extended use and may be uncomfortable for some users.
- Sometimes misses stray hairs and may require more than one pass to get them.
- Instructions are a bit confusing thanks to a poor translation.
If you can get by the strange shape, we think you’ll find that this shaver does a great job.
3. Philips Ladyshave Electric Shaver HP6306
The Philips Ladyshave Electric Shaver HP6306 is the least expensive model on our list, which makes it all the more impressive that it comes in at number three. Here’s why we love it:
- Small, lightweight shaver is perfect for teenagers and adults.
- Runs on two AA batteries – and two are included with your purchase.
- Works both wet and dry.
As you might expect at such a low price, there are a few limits on what this razor can do:
- Does not include any special attachments – what you see is what you get.
- Works better on fine hair than on thick, coarse hair.
- Requires several passes to get a smooth shave.
If you don’t mind a razor with no bells and whistles, this inexpensive model gets the job done.
2. Codream 4-in-1 Rechargeable Electric Epilator
Our number two pick is a powerhouse that doubles as a callus remover and hair clipper. It’s the Codream 4-in-1 Rechargeable Electric Epilator, Lady Shaver, Callus Remover Pumice Stone Rollers and Hair Clipper for Exfoliates Dead Skin and Safe Hair Removal for Women or Men, and here’s why we like it:
- Includes an epilator head, shaver head, pumice stone head, and hair clippers to help you get your entire body smooth and hair-free.
- Rechargeable, cordless design is easy to use.
- Delivers smooth, spa-worthy feet with the pumice stone rollers.
Here are a few cons to keep in mind:
- Battery only holds a charge for about 20 minutes or so.
- Epilator attachment has 15 blades – on the low side for an epilator.
- The instructions don’t say this, but the callus remover works best if you use it on wet feet so the skin is soft when you begin.
If you want the space saving option of having a four-in-one tool, you really can’t go wrong with this model.
1. Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver
Our top pick for the best electric shaver for women in 2017 is the Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric. Here are the reasons that it tops our list:
- Three independent floating heads offer a close shave whether you use it on your legs, armpits, bikini area, or anywhere else on your body.
- Works equally well dry or with soap or shaving cream in the shower.
- Blades are super-sharp and hypoallergenic delivering a close shave without irritation.
- Pop-up trimmer is perfect for the bikini line.
- Comes with compact charger and a travel bag.
There isn’t much to complain about with this model, but here are a few possible caveats:
- Works best if it’s fully charged, so plan to charge it between uses.
- If you decide to use it wet, your skin needs to be really wet and not just damp.
- May be difficult to tell when it’s fully charged as there is no indicator light.
It’s really hard to go wrong with this shaver. It has great features – and it’s actually one of the least expensive models on our list!
Finding the right electric shaver can be a real challenge, especially if you want to balance price and quality. The ten models that made our list all fit the bell. With a variety of attachments, features, and prices, you’re sure to find one that will suit your needs and keep you happy and free of unwanted hair.