As we become more and more serious about our photography, one of the things that becomes important to us is camera stability. Not just to get a nice, clear image, but also to protect the camera from possible falls. Tripods are great if you’re leaving your camera stationary, monopods and bipods are okay if you’re moving your camera from place to place, but leave something to be desired in the stability department. This is where a sliding or rolling camera mount comes in handy.
With a sliding or rolling camera mount, you can move your camera from position to position, even create professional-looking pan shots with your video camera, all without losing stability or taking the risk of dropping your camera.
If you feel like you’re ready to step up to one of these mounts, here are the best rated camera sliders on Amazon.com with some information on each to help you decide.
10. LimoStudio 40Inch Video Stabilization System DSLR Camera Compact Dolly Track Slider
This compact aluminum alloy sliding mount with carrying case is perfect portability, and includes a built-in bubble level and measurements marked in inches and centimeters so that you can return to the exact position that you started in – no more guess work. It also includes four adjustable legs to help you level the mount.
9. Neewer® 14″/35cm Tabletop Mobile Rolling Slider
A 14″ X 1.6″ “roller skate” for your camera or video camera enables smooth panning or changing of position for your camera, and can hold up to 22 pounds of equipment.
8. CowboyStudio One Way Macro Focusing Rail Slider Macro Bellows for Canon EOS Cameras
Have you ever seen a great close-up photograph of a butterfly or a flower and wished that you could take pictures like that? With this great macro bellows for your Canon EOS camera, you can do exactly that. With a maximum 8:1 macro magnification, and rails that will allow for smooth focusing, your photos can be every bit as beautiful as those of professionals.
7. LimoStudio Photography Studio 4 Way Photo Shooting Macro Focus Rail Metal Slider
A more compact, portable version of #10, this slider is also made of aluminum alloy and includes all the same features. No need to sacrifice any of the quality for additional portability.
6. Neewer Carbon Fiber 24 inches/60 centimeters Handheld Stabilizer with 1/4 3/8 inch Screw Quick Shoe Plate for Canon Nikon Sony and Other DSLR Camera Video DV
A vertical, carbon-fiber mount for your camera, up to 11 lbs, allows a height/angle adjustment up to 27″, and includes a carrying case and an adjustable rod stabilizer for perfect shots or video each time.
5. Konova Camera Slider Dolly K2 100cm (39.4 Inch)
This 39.4″ sliding camera dolly can be mounted vertically or horizontally, or, if you wish, used as a shoulder mount for your camera. It can be used with various Manfrotto heads for easy camera adjustment.
4. StudioFX 48″ Pro DSLR Camera Slider Dolly Track Video Stabilizer by Kaezi
This large aluminum-steel slider includes ball-bearing assembly for smooth motion of your camera, as well as a bubble level for easy leveling of your camera and a carrying case.
3. DSLR Steadicam SUTEFOTO Pro Adjustable Handheld Carbon Fiber glidecam Video Camera Stabilizer steady
This nifty vertical, carbon-fiber mount includes a carrying case and six base weights to help stabilize your camera. It also allows height and angle adjustment from 15.4″ to 27.2″.
2. StudioFX 40″ Ball Bearing Pro DSLR Camera Slider Dolly Track Video Stabilizer by Kaezi
A large aluminum-steel slider mount with smooth ball bearing motion and can hold equipment up to fifteen pounds. It also comes with a carrying case for easy mobility.
1. Neewer® Pro 4 Way Macro Focusing Focus Rail Slider
The top slider mount on this list allows for easy macro focus adjustment for your digital SLR. With a lightweight aluminum body and positive locking knobs for steady adjustment. It also includes marked measuring in inches and centimeters for precise adjustment. The smooth rack and pinion slide allows for four-way adjustment – forward, backward, left and right.