Whether you need to video conference from your computer or keep in touch with employees, a webcam is a useful device for small businesses. In fact, most laptops come equipped with a webcam. Though, they aren’t always the best quality.
For HD video and clear sound, you’ll want one of these top 10 best webcams for small businesses in 2017.
Best Webcams for Small Business in 2017
These webcams include a mixture of desktop webcams and hidden surveillance webcams for keeping an eye on your small business.
Table of Contents
- 10. Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam with 2MP Optical Resolution and Built-in Noise Cancellation Microphone for Business
- 9. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam for Business
- 8. AUSDOM High Definition 1080P HD USB Webcam
- 7. Creative Live! Cam Sync HD 720P Webcam
- 6. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam Black T3H-00011 720p HD 16:9 Video Chat
- 5. VSTARCAM Wireless Security Network IP Camera Wi-Fi Remote Surveillance 720P HD
- 4. Genius 120-Degree Ultra Wide Angle Full HD Conference Webcam
- 3. Logitech C270 Desktop or Laptop Webcam HD 720p Widescreen for Video Calling
- 2. YI Home Camera Wireless IP Security Surveillance System
- 1. Logitech C920-C Webcam with 1080p HD Video
10. Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam with 2MP Optical Resolution and Built-in Noise Cancellation Microphone for Business
The first camera in this list is a Logitech Pro webcam. Intended for business use, this camera has been kept simple. There are not a lot of extra features, but it gets the job done.
Here are the main details, specs, and benefits of this business webcam:
- You have the option to take still photos, record video, or use this as a webcam for video calls
- Powered via a USB cable
- Includes a microphone
- Plug-and-play ready – this includes video calling and instant messaging
- Optimized for use with Microsoft Office Communicator
- 75-degree wide angle camera
- Compact size – 3.7 x 5.3 x 1.8-inches
- 2MP sensor for sharp images
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
There are a couple disadvantages to consider:
- Records in 720p – not bad, but there are 1080p cameras available
- The clip that is used to mount the camera may not fit over all monitors
Overall, if you just want a basic webcam that can provide clear video and sound, without a lot of extra settings or features, this is a decent choice.
9. Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD Webcam for Business
This camera has features like the previous entry – at about half the cost. While it’s a Microsoft product, it also works on Mac iOS. Here is a closer look at the benefits and features:
- Includes a universal attachment base that works with desktops, laptops, LCD monitors, or CRT monitors
- CMOS sensor, TrueColor technology, and a high-precision glass lens help record sharp video – even in low light conditions
- The auto focus and digital pan also help create a clear image in bad lighting
- Includes a unidirectional digital microphone
- Compact size – this is a small camera that connects to your computer via the USB cable
- Superior video quality compared to other 720p video cameras
There are still a few drawbacks to keep in mind as you make your final decision:
- You cannot use more than one of these webcams on a single computer
- The microphone isn’t the greatest – you may notice some static noise
This camera shouldn’t be dismissed due to its low cost or low-quality microphone. The video quality is superior to other 720p cameras. The autofocus and TrueColor technology ensure that you get a great picture in most lighting conditions.
In the end, this option is also suitable for business use, unless you need to operate more than one camera from the same computer.
8. AUSDOM High Definition 1080P HD USB Webcam
If 720p is not clear enough for you, then check out this next camera. It records at 1080p and can connect to your local network.
Works with Windows, Mac, or Linux computers. Compatible with YouTube, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, and other live video software.
The top advantages and details include the following:
- Records in full HD 1080p
- Built-in microphone with noise-cancelling technology
- Low light enhancement technology and automatic light compensation – allows the camera to work in low light conditions
- Plug-and-play ready – includes a USB 3.0/USB 2.0 connector
- Clip that should fit over nearly any monitor or screen
In addition to these advantages, don’t forget about the disadvantages:
- For recording in 1080p, it doesn’t deliver the clearest image
- You will need to adjust the focus manually to get the best image
This is a high-quality camera capable of delivering crisp, clear video. When recording with MJPG video mode, the camera can record at 1920 x 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second.
The drawbacks are minor and the price is affordable. That makes this one of the best webcams for small businesses, but don’t forget about the rest of the items in this list.
7. Creative Live! Cam Sync HD 720P Webcam
This is the most affordable entry so far. It records in 720p HD and includes a built-in noise-cancelling microphone.
There is a small clip for connecting to your monitor or screen and its plug-and-play ready. But, that’s not all – here are the other benefits:
- Using the Creative Live! Software, you can instantly transfer photos or videos to your business social media accounts
- The Live! Central 3 software allows you to use this webcam for business security. Monitor your business from a mobile device or desktop computer
- The camera has a streamlined appearance that will easily blend into your workspace
Make sure that you also examine the disadvantages:
- The clip may not fit on newer monitors or flat screen displays
- The camera cannot pivot – it is fixed in place when you position the clip
Comparing the pros and cons, this is a good choice for any small business. The main benefit is that it costs less than rating25.
It’s one of the most affordable entries in the list. And, it can record decent video. Using the provided software, you also have the option to use this camera for surveillance or security.
6. Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 Webcam Black T3H-00011 720p HD 16:9 Video Chat
This next choice is an updated variation of the 9th entry. It records 720p video with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The package also comes equipped with a universal attachment base and is plug-and-play ready.
The small camera has numerous benefits that you should explore:
- Includes automatic image adjustment – with the option to override the settings manually
- The camera has an integrated omnidirectional microphone with noise-cancelling technology
- Digital pan, digital tilt, vertical tilt, swivel pan, and other features make this camera more versatile
- Fixed focus from 0.3 to 1.5 meters
The disadvantages are minor. They include these issues:
- The camera can only take 4MP photos
- Does not have a wide-angle lens
As you can see, the disadvantages may not be important to your business needs. The main issues to consider are the quality of the video and the ability to use this for video calls or conferencing. The camera meets these needs and exceeds the video quality of comparable models.
5. VSTARCAM Wireless Security Network IP Camera Wi-Fi Remote Surveillance 720P HD
At number 5 is this network camera with remote surveillance. This is another camera that works as a standard webcam or for security purposes. It will record crisp, clear video, without distortion.
If you’re interested in learning more, then check out the advantages:
- You have the option to record or playback video via a MicroSD card, UNVIF 2.0 NVR, FTP upload, mobile app, or via PC
- Records distortion-free 720p video at 25 frames per second
- The camera has a built-in two-way microphone
- Includes Intelligent motion detection alerts that can be sent to your mobile phone or email address
- Wide 70-degree viewing angle provides a greater field of view
- You can use remote pan or tilt to adjust the camera remotely
- You can connect this camera to your network wirelessly
The pros outweigh the cons, but you still need to look at the disadvantages to compare for yourself:
- The provided software does not work well – the Eye4 mobile app regularly crashes on Android or iOS mobile devices
- You cannot set a static IP address for the camera
All these webcams come with their own software. This doesn’t mean that you need to use the provided software. In the case of the Eye4 software, you’re better off using a third-party application or the software already installed on your computer or device.
Overall, the video quality is good, even at night or low light conditions. Though, you may need to adjust the settings, depending on the amount of natural sunlight that enters the room.
4. Genius 120-Degree Ultra Wide Angle Full HD Conference Webcam
The 4th best webcam for businesses is an ultra-wide angle HD camera. The wide angle makes this is a great choice for conference calling when you need to fit a large group of people into the view of the camera.
Examine the features and advantages of this conference webcam:
- Includes a built-in high-sensitivity stereo microphone
- Comes with a 3-foot extension cable
- Records in full 1080p HD up to 30 frames per second
- You can take 12MP interpolation photos
- 120-degree wide angle lens for a greater field of view
- Affordable – less than rating35
What are the disadvantages? The biggest issue is that there is no on-board video compression. If you’re streaming video through this webcam for video conferencing or video calls, it will take up a lot of processing power and bandwidth.
Other than the one problem, this is a great camera for your conference room. You can easily position the camera to view the entire room.
3. Logitech C270 Desktop or Laptop Webcam HD 720p Widescreen for Video Calling
This camera also has a wide-angle lens, which is suitable for video conferencing or getting a great view of the room. It can take 3MP photos or record 720P video. In addition to these details, here are a few other reasons to consider getting this camera:
- The video and photo quality is exceptional – for a 720p camera
- Includes a built-in microphone
- Compatible with most video calling applications
- Automatic light correction helps improve the quality of your video in low light conditions
The drawbacks include the clip for mounting the camera and the lack of special features. The clip might not fit all monitors. And, there are not a lot of extra features, such as video effects or a tripod ready base. If you can look past those issues, then keep this camera in consideration.
2. YI Home Camera Wireless IP Security Surveillance System
The second-best webcam is suitable for video conferencing, video calls, or security. It records in 720p HD with clear images and crisp 2-way audio. There are built-in speakers.
Here are the top benefits of choosing this surveillance system webcam:
- 111-degree wide-angle lens
- 940nm infrared non-invasive sensor night vision – provide a clear picture of completely dark rooms
- The microphone has an anti-noise filter for clear audio
- The settings can be adjusted via the YI Home App
- Using gyroscope support through your mobile device, you can view a complete panoramic view of the room as you pan the phone left to right
- Easy to setup – download the app, position the camera, and plug in the power cable
- Motion detection – will automatically send a notification to your phone when movement is detected
Disadvantages of the wireless camera:
- Records in 720p HD – there are plenty of other options that record in 1080p or higher
- The camera is only accessible via the YI Home App. There is no PC or web-based solution
If you need a PC-based camera, this may not be the best choice. Though, the company has recently released the Windows version of the YI Home App.
The motion detection feature is useful if you plan on using this camera for security. Basically, you get a versatile 720p camera for video calls or security, along with advanced technology and features.
1. Logitech C920-C Webcam with 1080p HD Video
The top webcam for your small business is this Logitech camera. It records in full 1080p high-definition and uses H.264 video compression, which helps free up system bandwidth for a smooth video stream.
Examine the rest of the features and advantages of the best webcam:
- 1080p HD recording with autofocus
- Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction
- Integrated mounting clip and tripod thread for more positioning options
- Includes face tracking and motion detection
- Connects to your computer or network via a single USB connection
- Works with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers
As you might expect with the best webcam in 2017, there aren’t any disadvantages. This is the best webcam for the money and is plug-and-play ready.
You can easily connect to any computer or your business network and start recording video or taking HD video calls. It also has face tracking and motion detection, which are useful features if you plan on using the webcam for security purposes.
In the end, this your best option for adding webcams to your business. Whether you need webcams for video conferences or business security, this HD webcam has you covered.
Choosing the Best Webcams for Your Small Business
With the top 10 best webcams for small businesses in 2017, you can’t go wrong. All the cameras featured on this list record at 720 or 1080P high-definition or better.
But, as you start narrowing down your options, consider the features that are essential to your daily business operations. This could include mounting options, Skype certified cameras, and swivel mounts.